Stopping USB HDD

Hello

When I power off the system (with poweroff) the connected USB HDD
makes a noise that comes from the heads. A distinct clicking noise.

I wanted to know if there is a way, when powering off the system, any
usb hdd drive that is connected to the system be stopped properly, and
the disk heads are parked?

On windows there is a disconnect usb drive menu item in the system
tray for the usb drive. Something similar on netbsd?

Best Regards
Riza Dindir