Re: Stopping USB HDD

On 25/08/2021 1:25 am, Riza Dindir wrote:
Hello

When I power off the system (with poweroff) the connected USB HDD
makes a noise that comes from the heads. A distinct clicking noise.

Does the external USB eventually power down or continue spinning?

I wanted to know if there is a way, when powering off the system, any
usb hdd drive that is connected to the system be stopped properly, and
the disk heads are parked?

You can look at https://man.netbsd.org/atactl.8 and perhaps do something like this:

1. Unmount it.

2. Sleep it.