OpenGL - browser and WebGL support - failed libGL.so

Hi,

I am struggling to have WebGL support in browsers on NetBSD.
First, I hope the drivers support my Intel graphics and that permissions in groups are set up correctly, etc.

glxgears starts up, that's the first minimal tests I know. It doesn't display nice rotating gears though but at about 60fps they vibrate between two images... so not a good start.

Then I go to run ArcticFox, the derivate browser I work myself on, it refuses to run WebGL (it does work however on several Linux systems). about:troubleshooting shows:

    GLXtest process failed (exited with status 1): Unable to load libGL.so.1

Then I test seamonkey as it comes from pkgin:

The diagnostics is more advanced and says:

GPU #1
Active    Yes
Description    Intel Open Source Technology Center -- Mesa DRI Intel(R) Ironlake Mobile
Vendor ID    Intel Open Source Technology Center
Device ID    Mesa DRI Intel(R) Ironlake Mobile
Driver Version    2.1 Mesa 18.3.4

However then:

WebGL 1 Driver Renderer:
    WebGL creation failed:
* Error during native OpenGL init.
* Error during native OpenGL init.
* Error during native OpenGL init.
* Error during native OpenGL init.
* Error during native OpenGL init.
* Exhausted GL driver caps.
* Exhausted GL driver options.

Firefox 88 instead behaves differently.
Apparently it loads and enables WebGL but when I run a sample (e.g. https://webglsamples.org/dynamic-cubemap/dynamic-cubemap.html) starts to load objects but doesn't display textures and the tab crashes (can be repeated ad infinitum),

How does it do for you? Any suggestions?

Riccardo