Re: Use network printer from NetBSD

Hi Rocky,

> TEXT_P1
> Service Name		TEXT_P1
> Filter		Text Substitution
> Control Strings	Beginning of Job	1)
> 			End of Job		11)\0C
> Service Options	Bi-Directional

> If you think I can made any attempt with `lpr' or even `netcat', I'm
> ready to try. For example, maybe for the `Beginning of Job' no character
> is needed (`1)' is just the first, blank line of a list), but the text
> should be ended with the character `\0C'.

The character hex 0C (decimal 12) is ascii "formfeed".

It may well be that these control strings are simply added to the
print jobs you supply rather than expected from it.  An added
formfeed at the ensures that the last sheet gets ejected.

I just sent you a longer email regarding these printer Service Names
and lpr/netcat/cups offlist.

							Martin