Re: Use network printer from NetBSD

On lug 04  6:44, MLH wrote:

> The Letter vs A4 issue won't cause it to output multiple blank
> pages. That happened for me when the printer was emulating HPLaserjet.

Whoops, I really don't know the reason, then.

> Did you make sure the printer emulation was set for BRscript3?

I searched in the configuration panel, both physically in the printer,
and from the web interface.
Till now I hadn't found nothing similar to emulation. In the TCP/IP
settings, however, I just found this:

Enabled Services
    BRN3C2AF4E874A2
    BINARY_P1
    TEXT_P1
    POSTSCRIPT_P1
    PCL_P1
    BRN3C2AF4E874A2_AT

Each of them has a minimum possible configuration. For example,

TEXT_P1
Service Name	TEXT_P1
Service Port	P1
Protocols	TCP/IPIPP
Filter		Text Substitution
Control Strings	Beginning of Job	1)
		End of Job		11)\0C
Raw TCP Port	9100
Service Options	Bi-Directional

If you need the same details from any other line above (POSTSCRIPT_P1,
...), I will provide them.
I am very sorry for not noticing this before.
If you think I can made any attempt with `lpr' or even `netcat', I'm
ready to try. For example, maybe for the `Beginning of Job' no character
is needed (`1)' is just the first, blank line of a list), but the text
should be ended with the character `\0C'.

Rocky