Re: Use network printer from NetBSD

On lug 04 16:05, Martin Neitzel wrote:

> The character hex 0C (decimal 12) is ascii "formfeed".
>
> It may well be that these control strings are simply added to the
> print jobs you supply rather than expected from it.  An added
> formfeed at the ensures that the last sheet gets ejected.

Oh, ok, I was naively thinking that it was a sort of end character. A
clarification. The line in my paste

Protocols	TCP/IPIPP

is due to a bad text formatting, because of its HTML origin. It is
actually:

Protocols	[X] TCP/IP	[X] IPP

where the user has the chance to select one of them, or both. The
default was with both selected. I made an attempt with just TCP/IP
selected and

{ printf 'test \014'; sleep 5; } | telnet <printer_IP> 9100

but again the famous blank page was generated.

> I just sent you a longer email regarding these printer Service Names
> and lpr/netcat/cups offlist.

It is enormously useful, because, yes, I have a big confusion about how
printing is.
Thank you!

Rocky