Re: cvs better than git?

On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 09:13:47 +0000, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> But you are hardly going to convince anyone that git is
> good by pointing out problems in other systems.

Yes. But the part that is weird for me is that nobody actually
even bothers to explain how it gis 'a waste of time'. When we
introduce new employees to our workflow, explaining git basic
usage doesn't take much time, comparable to svn - or clearcase
which we used before.

Granted, deeper understanding of the 'remote' thing (i.e.
the whole 'distributed' part) is more complicated than svn,
but then that is enabling forms of collaboration that you
just can't do with svn.

- Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."