Re: Aw: Re: graphical desktop in virtualbox

    Date:        Mon, 6 Apr 2020 15:55:05 +0200
    From:        "Pierre Dupond" <76nemo76%gmx.ch@localhost>

  |     I have tried the command but the mode 1440x900 is not found.
  | If I remeber well, few years ago, one has to add these
  | modes in the Xorg.conf files.

The X server discovers modes from the device generally these days, and
that kind of change isn't needed.   But the virtualbox graphics device
has to have made that mode available - that's what you can do using some
CLI command on the virtualbox server system - add a new mode which
virtualbox will then make available to the X server in the client.

As I said before, I used to do this several years ago.   I doubt they've
dropped support.   Guest extensions weren't needed, as the guest did nothing
at all unusual or requiring any special attention - all that happens is
the (virtual) display offered by virtualbox has an extra available mode.

  | Is it still the case? Where should this file be installed (probably in
  | /etc/X11)?

If you need an xorg.conf file that's where it would be - but you really
shouldn't.

kre