graphical desktop in virtualbox

Hi All,
       I have one Virtualbox virtual machine with Netbsd running  on
a powerful (linux) host. This is comfortable and useful to compile packages and kernel
for the less powerful one.

It would be a nice feature if the graphical display could have more than 800x600 dots.
Particularly to test problems and corrections with the graphical display (compilation
is done by connecting with ssh anyway).

I think this is not possible since Netbsd don't seems  to have the Guest extensions.
Could you confirm me that point? I have done some search but without finding
an absolute certain answer.

Is the situation better with qemu?

Thanks,