Re: Laptop Recommendations for NetBSD?

from Chavdar Ivanov:

> I boot - from the laptop F9 - select efi file to boot - bootx64.efi.
> boot.cfg is on the root filesystem, as usual. The two Linux
> installations on the same disk have some grub, but I don't use it to
> boot anything besides them. It all just came to pass without any
> problems for me on this laptop, as far as the EFI and NetBSD setup is
> concerned; I also generally followed the same guide.

Do or did you use efibootmgr?

I get a boot menu on my computer, but it does not ask which efi file to boot.

Options look like what I see when I run "efibootmgr -v" from the new unstable installations of FreeBSD (12-STABLE and HEAD).

I could use efibootmgr to see if I could try to boot bootia32.efi for NetBSD 8.99.46 i386.

I see there is no bcfg in my UEFI shell.

Tom