Re: Laptop Recommendations for NetBSD?

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 05:58:09AM +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:

> > I multi-boot my laptop NetBSD/Linux/Windows 10 using uefi & grub2.
>
> How do you set up to boot NetBSD using UEFI?

I am using grub2 to manage the boot.  The way the system installer works
on the laptop I had to install windows first because the installer would
error if the partitioning was not exactly what it wanted, then shrink
the windows partition, installed fedora which brought along grunb 2 then
finally installed netbsd.  This is the stanza from the grub.cfg I use
for NetBSD:

menuentry "NetBSD" {
        insmod part_gpt
        set root=(hd0,gpt8)
        knetbsd /netbsd
}

I guess you can see from this I am also using GPT and I use wedges for
the NetBSD partitioning.

> I succeeded booting FreeBSD by UEFI, but NetBSD attempt hung early (8.99.46 amd64).

Odd - I am on 8.99.26 at the moment but my configuration has been
booting fine since around April 2014 when I bought the laptop.

--
Brett Lymn
--

"We are were wolves",