Re: Laptop Recommendations for NetBSD?

On Jun 24, 2019, at 1:58 AM, Thomas Mueller <mueller6726%twc.com@localhost> wrote:

from Brett Lymn:

As a lot of other people, silent because my laptop is ~5 years old so
hardly helpful.  Most of my NetBSD is done on a fujitsu S904 lifebook, I
chose is for the combination of power and light weight.  It took quite a
while but my laptop is now well supported, built in wireless works,
intel drm works, suspend/resume works (though I have to do the console
switch dance to restore X after a sleep).

I multi-boot my laptop NetBSD/Linux/Windows 10 using uefi & grub2.

How do you set up to boot NetBSD using UEFI?

I am trying to set up UEFI to boot FreeBSD, NetBSD, and future installation of Linux, even Haiku if I can cross-compile that.

I succeeded booting FreeBSD by UEFI, but NetBSD attempt hung early (8.99.46 amd64).

Tom

Tom,

I’m assuming you followed the guide below. It worked for me on 8.0 on amd64 and obviously worked for the person who wrote the guide.

https://wiki.netbsd.org/Installation_on_UEFI_systems/

Maybe try 8.1_STABLE?

HTH,

Jason M.

P.S. FYI, A direct email to you bounced.

Sent from my iPhone