Re: Web + email hosting recommendations

Niels Dettenbach (Syndicat IT & Internet) <nd%syndicat.com@localhost> wrote:

> if runned with typical, "well" dimensioned and configured business server hardware (i.e. HP DL or IBM etc. - what many think about if they think "servers") on top IP uplink with skilled support personal without any possible restrictions such prices are not to held. But the very most of such products have "bottlenecks" otherwhere (compared to "less cheap" products) and/or are driven on much cheaper PC hardware (what could makes sense in some apps). Another option / version are "hidden" costs in pratical usage.
>
> I.e. "shared CPU" could mean everything and could act as a bottleneck if "required" from hosters side (if you are getting "to expa|ensive").
>
> Usually first customers are happy as they get the most resources at their time - and these are most important from a marketing view...
>
> This doesnt mean that such products did not have any applications with any sense - but you have to be very clear about (if you rely on that service / resources in any way).
>
> just my two cents...

I've taken a look at your site: I would classify you among the premium
providers. :-)

I would agree that one has to be cautious with respect to lower-cost
providers: it helps to inquire about them and to look for
recommendations. There have been many lower-cost providers that have
deadpooled within a couple of years of their launch.

This said, there are a number of reliable, lower-cost providers out
there if one wants to save some money.

C.