Re: Web + email hosting recommendations

Am 8. Mai 2019 08:19:05 MESZ schrieb Sad Clouds <cryintothebluesky%gmail.com@localhost>:

>Price is 2.50EUR per month and no setup fees, which sounds rather
>cheap.
>Last time I looked into web hosting was about 15 years ago, so maybe
>prices have come down this much. For such a small price, do they really
>offer a reasonable service, or is there something I'm not aware of?

Prices did not come down really for such low level mass products - typically the (written) resources per product grown (bandwidth, memory) as typical customers look onto that (only). similiar prices exist i.e. 10 or 15 years ago on the market. we never stepped into that segment...

if runned with typical, "well" dimensioned and configured business server hardware (i.e. HP DL or IBM etc. - what many think about if they think "servers") on top IP uplink with skilled support personal without any possible restrictions such prices are not to held. But the very most of such products have "bottlenecks" otherwhere (compared to "less cheap" products) and/or are driven on much cheaper PC hardware (what could makes sense in some apps). Another option / version are "hidden" costs in pratical usage.

I.e. "shared CPU" could mean everything and could act as a bottleneck if "required" from hosters side (if you are getting "to expa|ensive").

Usually first customers are happy as they get the most resources at their time - and these are most important from a marketing view...

This doesnt mean that such products did not have any applications with any sense - but you have to be very clear about (if you rely on that service / resources in any way).

just my two cents...

niels.

--
Niels Dettenbach