Re: Web + email hosting recommendations

Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Tue, May 07, 2019 at 09:20:57PM +0000, Christopher Pinon wrote:
> > but naturally the downside is that the provider won't be able to help
> > with NetBSD-specific issues.
>
> What could be NetBSD-specific issues that would require provider's help? I
> have faced none till now. Just curious.

I probably should have expressed myself more clearly.

All that I meant is that lower-cost VPS providers (including Vultr) sell
*unmanaged* services, so you're expected to manage your
VPS. Nevertheless, depending on the provider and the question, sometimes
they're willing to help with certain questions regarding well-known
Linux distributions. For example, if your question is "How do I set up
IPv6 on Debian?", a lower-cost provider may be willing to help (despite
the fact that the VPS is unmanaged), whereas if your question is "How do
I set up IPv6 on NetBSD?", you're really on your own simply because most
lower-cost VPS providers don't have (much) experience with *BSD.

C.