Re: regression w/latest dhcpcd?

On 01/05/2019 13:55, John D. Baker wrote:
On Wed, 1 May 2019, Roy Marples wrote:

On 01/05/2019 03:44, John D. Baker wrote:

I've now tried it and it works as expected.

OK, this might be tricky to solve.
Can I get the output of route montior captured during early boot please?

To be clear, your asking about a 'dhcpcd' binary built without
reverting the commit you mentioned, correct?

Shouldn't matter.

We're looking for is RTM_INFO. Here's an example:
RTM_IFINFO: iface status change: len 152, if# 1, carrier: unknown, flags: 0x8842
<BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST>

During inital boot, interfaces set their carrier to unknown and then to either down / up when they finally get around to working it out.

Also, when the interface is marked up, flags should have UP reported in the message as well.

Roy