Re: Can I install NetBSD on the same usb installation disk?

 On Fri 24 Nov 2017 at 07:47:49 -0700, Andy Ruhl wrote:
>> This is probably off topic, but I'll try anyway. I want to create a
>> USB install "disk", and then use another blank USB disk to install
>> onto.
>>
>> Does this work? I haven't tried yet. This would be nice to test things
>> out so I don't disrupt the internal disks.

This is what I did when I installed NetBSD back in 2013. I did a fresh
installation onto a second usb stick and I tested it for a month or
so.
Painfully slow! Then I created a second partition on my main hard
drive and copied the files onto it.

But.. going back to topic:

On 24 November 2017 at 12:52, Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Boot the stick single user, use fdisk to adjust the first partition to the
> end, use disklabel to extend the label to the en of the disk (A), then
> readjust the existing partitions (I move the b-partition to the end,
> adjusting a from the almost start to some space before the end for swap,
> then after writing the label use 'fsck -fy /dev/rsd0a' or wherever it is,
> then 'resize_ffs -y /dev/rsd0a', then again ; fsck -fy /dev/rsd0a'.

Chavdar,

if you don't mind, could you give me a breakdown of these commands? I
haven't used NetBSD fdisk in a while.

--
Ottavio Caruso