Re: Can I install NetBSD on the same usb installation disk?

Of course not.

Boot the stick single user, use fdisk to adjust the first partition to the end, use disklabel to extend the label to the en of the disk (A), then readjust the existing partitions (I move the b-partition to the end, adjusting a from the almost start to some space before the end for swap, then after writing the label use 'fsck -fy /dev/rsd0a' or wherever it is, then 'resize_ffs -y /dev/rsd0a', then again ; fsck -fy /dev/rsd0a'.

This is my usual installation method on USB stick - I always build live images, dump them onto a USB stick, SD card or even SATA disk, then whilst on the NetBSD host I perform manually the above procedure, even configure the networking etc.

Chavdar Ivanov