Re: Can I use NetBSD as a desktop system?

Hi,

Chavdar Ivanov wrote:

    That sounds nice! Does your "moon" light up? :)

Yes, it does light up indeed.

that's nice.

On my T30 I get something closer to sleep working, I get the moon up, but the display remains on (as written in the other mail).

There was - at least once, I will have to investigate further - a problem with the iwn wireless driver after coming from sleep - I got some firmware error which could not be sorted out by down and up-ing the interface (or restarting dhcpcd in my case).

My T30 has iwi. I too have issues with wifi being unusable. I never noticed, since I never use sleep because it is "incomplete".

In dmesg I get this:

iwi0: timeout waiting for firmware initialization to complete
iwi0: could not load boot firmware
iwi0: cannot assign link-local address
iwi0: timeout waiting for firmware initialization to complete
iwi0: could not load boot firmware

And you? Of course, with an unloaded firmware the wireless card doesn't work, only a reboot fixes it.

Riccardo