Re: Can I use NetBSD as a desktop system?

Hi,

Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
On my T61p even the suspend key works (-current amd64). Now, only if the screen wasn't blank with nouveau...

my other NetBSD laptop is the trusty T30, where sleep works a little better than on the R51 and on the HP 620.

Pressing the sleep button does this.
I see this on screen:

acpi0: entering state S3
Flushing disk caches: 39 24 done

then the screen turns empty (but not black: I mean no text, but the light remains on)
Disk spins down and fan goes off.

The moon Led however lights up! The computer is not totally at sleep

I also notice that the "bus LED" that thinkpads have that says you can remove the DVD from the module, remains on... I don't remember if this happened with windows (don't have it anymore) but I don't feel this as correct, I will try to veriy on other thinkpads with other OSs.

If I hit the powerbutton, the machine comes back to life, it sort comes back, I can type, but e.g. wireless remains dead because putting it up again says:

iwi0: timeout waiting for firmware initialization to complete
iwi0: could not load boot firmware
iwi0: cannot assign link-local address

Riccardo