Re: where did my eth. interface go? (PCMCIA)

Hi,

On 01/09/17 05:07, ryan%brack.xyz@localhost wrote:
AFAIK, CardBus (and PCMCIA) on NetBSD don't yet support hotplug. Noticed the issue myself
on my ancient Dell Lattitude. Unforunately, it's only insert-then-boot.

AS other wrote, it usually works, it works on my other laptop.

Do you have a cardslot1? One of my cardslots was misbehaving with NetBSD, only worked reliably
in the top slot after a while. Additionally, one of my interfaces disappeared after I upgraded my kernel...
interface sm0 was gone and replaced with sm1. I had to update my dhcpcd config before I had networking again.
Can you confirm one of these isn't the case?

I was and using the same slot that worked (actually, I didn't remove the card from one day to the other) also because the lower one has a damaged ejector. Also I remember it was saying FIXUP on teh second slot... But now it appears that both slots are affected. Somehow... there is some kind of death! On my old thinkpad everything was stable: only one slot worked consistently, the other never until I compiled a custom kernel and now it works fine on that one on both.

Riccardo