Re: where did my eth. interface go? (PCMCIA)

ryan%brack.xyz@localhost writes:

>> If I remove and reinsert the
>> card, the kernel crashes. If I boot without card and
>> insert it later, it crashes.

>AFAIK, CardBus (and PCMCIA) on NetBSD don't yet support hotplug. Noticed the issue myself
>on my ancient Dell Lattitude. Unforunately, it's only insert-then-boot.

Hotplugging is supported, which doesn't say that there are no bugs, usually in interrupt routing,
but sometimes also in the cardbus/pcmcia bridges.

On my old Dell Inspiron and a newer Thinkpad it did work though.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost