Re: where did my eth. interface go? (PCMCIA)

> If I remove and reinsert the
> card, the kernel crashes. If I boot without card and
> insert it later, it crashes.

AFAIK, CardBus (and PCMCIA) on NetBSD don't yet support hotplug. Noticed the issue myself
on my ancient Dell Lattitude. Unforunately, it's only insert-then-boot.

Do you have a cardslot1? One of my cardslots was misbehaving with NetBSD, only worked reliably
in the top slot after a while. Additionally, one of my interfaces disappeared after I upgraded my kernel...
interface sm0 was gone and replaced with sm1. I had to update my dhcpcd config before I had networking again.
Can you confirm one of these isn't the case?

Also, posting your dmesg and a little more about your laptop might help diagnose the problem.

Cheers,
- brkt