Re: nVidia vs NetBSD v7 resolving issue.

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 05:54:49PM +0330, Mohammad Badie Zadegan wrote:
> I set vesa 0x118 mode in boot prompt and I saw the boot process was change visiblity to new mode but still errored me (EE) No Device detected.
> BTW, I didn't use current version.
> Is that I must use current version for vesa?
>
> > On Feb 26, 2016, at 3:23 PM, Roy Bixler <rcbixler%nyx.net@localhost> wrote:
> >
> >> On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 06:56:17AM +0330, Mohammad BadieZadegan wrote:
> >> Yes, the main reason is that nVidia did not handle its source code.
> >> How i can try booting from vesa framebuffer?
> >> Which NetBSD image produce with vesa framebuffer defaultly?
> >> Thanks for your attention.
> >
> > From the boot prompt.  Try a "man boot" to see the commands.  One of the
> > commands is "vesa" and you can do "vesa list" to see which modes are
> > available.
> >
> > --
> > Roy Bixler <rcbixler%nyx.net@localhost>
> > "The fundamental principle of science, the definition almost, is this: the
> > sole test of the validity of any idea is experiment."
> > -- Richard P. Feynman
Hi Mohammad... I guess you don't need current... First of all - did you
try to start X without config at all?? Most probably you just have to
specify the right BUSID in xorg.conf.... I'm using similar configuration
- framebuffer mode+nvidia cards+Xorg... It works with both nv and
  vesa(I'm not sure about vesa... I do not remember exactly) and wsfb
drivers! But when using your own xorg.conf you should specify slightly
different BusID's with different drivers...) Can you send your
Xorg.0.log, then running X --configure/ startx with config( pls also attach
your video device section of config)/ startx w/out config / Xorg
-logverbose 4 /)??
I've had 1680x1050 resolution in both console and X(using nv driver -
it's better... but before I've had to use wsfb, because I couldn't
understand for a long time, how to make this works "right"... finnaly
i've found running X with wsfb driver had too many flaws...and figured
out about this part of configuration...)
So I think I can help you, if you will still have problems, after the
above actions...)