Re: nVidia vs NetBSD v7 resolving issue.

Thanks for your Helps,
I downloaded http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/201602241810Z/images/NetBSD-7.99.26-amd64-install.img.gz and boot from it and my Notebook hanged on:
http://pasteboard.co/1PfvN8Bl.jpg

I think that working on last release is better that this hanging!

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 6:24 PM, Roy Bixler <rcbixler%nyx.net@localhost> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 12:37:00PM +0330, Mohammad BadieZadegan wrote:
> I have Dell E6410 Latitude notebook (With nVidia Graphic card) and I
> installed NetBSD v7.0 as a main OS on it.
> While I run [X -configure] it make a [xorg.conf.new] and then I run [X
> -config /root/xorg.conf.new] but it errored me: [(EE) No device Detected].
>
> Finally I changed "nv" in [xorg.conf.new] to "vesa" but still error me
> [(EE) No device Detected]!
>
> How can I resolve this nVidia issue?

I have about a 10 year old Dell laptop with an nVidia card.  In my
case, it wasn't necessary to run "X -configure".  It worked, up to a
point (i.e. stability is an issue.)

You might want to try netbsd-current, where the Nouveau driver has
been made the default framebuffer for nVidia graphics cards.  I
haven't quite gotten that to work, since the PCI BARs don't seem to be
where the code expects them.

If you hesitate to make the leap to -current, you could try booting
with a Linux LiveCD like Knoppix and see if the Nouveau framebuffer
works there.  It did for me, which led me to try the experiment with
-current.

--
Roy Bixler <rcbixler%nyx.net@localhost>
"The fundamental principle of science, the definition almost, is this: the

--
( openbsd.pro ---- 933k.ir  )