Re: nVidia vs NetBSD v7 resolving issue.

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 12:12:55AM +0330, Mohammad BadieZadegan wrote:
> Thanks for your Helps,
> I downloaded *http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/201602241810Z/images/NetBSD-7.99.26-amd64-install.img.gz
> <http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/201602241810Z/images/NetBSD-7.99.26-amd64-install.img.gz>*
> and boot from it and my Notebook hanged on:
> *http://pasteboard.co/1PfvN8Bl.jpg <http://pasteboard.co/1PfvN8Bl.jpg>*
>
> I think that working on last release is better that this hanging!

It crashed.  The reason you see the last release working better is
that Nouveau is not the default framebuffer.  I guess it works except
for graphics.  Just out of curiosity, have you tried (booting) using the
vesa framebuffer?

Unfortunately, the situation with nVidia graphics cards is not good
because they have not chosen to write an open source driver or open
their specifications necessary to write a driver.  In Linux, there is
a proprietary binary blob you could try or, in *x operating systems
(including NetBSD), the nv X server with obfuscated source code.
nouveau is reverse engineered and supports older nVidia cards.  It
works for me in Linux, but not in NetBSD.  I wonder what happens if
you try nouveau on Linux with your system.  It could be that your
nVidia card is too new to be supported by nouveau or the X nv server.

--
Roy Bixler <rcbixler%nyx.net@localhost>
"The fundamental principle of science, the definition almost, is this: the