Re: NetBSD as virtualbox guest

    Date:        Sat, 22 Aug 2015 15:42:30 -0400 (EDT)
    From:        Bob Bernstein <poobah%ruptured-duck.com@localhost>

  | Has anyone used NetBSD as a virtualbox guest on linux?

Yes, works just fine.

  | Suggestions/comments/excoriations/diatribes all welcome!

I can send kernel config files that suit vbox's "hardware" if you
want (that is, that eliminate all the stuff that simply doesn't exist),
but generic kernels work fine - both i386 and amd64 (assuming your
underlying system is 64 bit friendly, I assume.)

NetBSD doesn't support "guest additions" (I doubt OpenBSD does either, but
I have not checked) , so no shared clipboard, mouse integration, etc, but
nothing that prevents a perfectly ordinary NetBSD environment.

Until NetBSD & the nouveau driver work together happily, that's how my
laptop works (the linux underneath is really nothing more than a home for
virtualbox & NetBSD, but it would be useful for itself if I had a need for
that.)

kre