Re: NetBSD as virtualbox guest

Due to pilot error this did not go out as planned to the list:

=======

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015, Robert Elz wrote:

 | Has anyone used NetBSD as a virtualbox guest on linux?

Yes, works just fine.

Here I see what appear to me to be desperate errors when starting the vm: page faults, traps, something about "supervisor mode," and one having to with the mouse.

I have tried the OpenBSD and NetBSD i386 boot iso's. Both seem only to generate a mess here. :-(

I can send kernel config files that suit vbox's "hardware" if you want (that is, that eliminate all the stuff that simply doesn't exist), but generic kernels work fine - both i386 and amd64 (assuming your underlying system is 64 bit friendly, I assume.)

I am using the generic kernels from the i386 install iso images. The host is Debian jessie, 64-bit afaik.

Any help, advice or encouragement will be deeply appreciated!

Thanks,

--
Bob Bernstein