Re: Necessity of rebuilding pkgsrc after updating the system

* Ottavio Caruso (ottavio2006-netbsd%yahoo.com@localhost) wrote:
> On 17 August 2015 at 15:47, Pongthep Kulkrisada <ptkrisada%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> > * Eric Haszlakiewicz (erh%nimenees.com@localhost) wrote:
> >> However, you can try "pkgin full-upgrade" and see if it works for you.  (assuming you just want to install pre-built packages, and don't have customizations to the builds)
> > I have never used pkgin.
> > I always do everything from source.
> > Except for the first installation from iso image.
>
> Out of curiosity, is there any reason why you must install from
> sources: performance or what else?
>
> I really like pkgin and, if it wasn't for the fact that sometimes
> there are massive build failures on Netbsd production servers, I'd use
> it all the time.
I like C Programming and love coding.
I always use PKG_OPTIONS.pkg or edit /etc/mk.conf before compiling.
I can see package dependencies prior to compilation.
And I can see source code.
Can pkgin do that? I don't know. I have never used pkgin.

--
Pongthep Kulkrisada

"Nothing ever exists entirely alone without relativity."