Re: USB keyboard recognized during boot menu, not later

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 12:21:21PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > I have another system running NetBSD 6.1 i386. Is it possible to use it
> > for building 7.0/current amd64?
>
> Yes: ./build.sh -m amd64 -U tools kernel=GENERIC

Some small questions:

1. How do I take the kernel to the target machine which is not booting - I
guess, I can use installer and copy new kernel in the form of a set? For
this, do I need to tar the kernel into kern-GENERIC.tgz?

2. Do I need to compile modules as well and create modules.tgz, or the
method you suggested produces monolithic kernel?

3. Do I need to compile base as well? I guess, not, for this problem.

Mayuresh.