Re: Kernel hang on i386 running 6.1.3

Hi,

Bob Nestor wrote:
All the cards that I've found and tried to use that didn't work with NetBSD
would have worked with FreeBSD based on my reading of the Version and Device
codes.
Hmm, I bought off e-bay a PCMCIA card to use with my laptop(s) which don't have integrated Wireless, I tried it and it doesn't work on linux, and on any BSD.. it is ath based! I'm not sure exactly which chipset it has, it is surely atheros.

I bought then another card, again ath based, which doesn't work on linux (although it gets recognized, but I think it loads bad firmware or initializes it badly because it never connects although the device exists) connects sometimes in OpenBSD and if it does it works... I don't remember what exactly the problem on NetBSD was, but I wasn't lucky either.

I then stopped buying cards, because it is hard to know before what chipset you will get!

If I can give more information to get them better supported I'd be happy.

Riccardo