Re: Kernel hang on i386 running 6.1.3

Hi,

slightly hijacking your thread here....

Bob Nestor wrote:
All the cards that I've found and tried to use that didn't work with NetBSD
would have worked with FreeBSD based on my reading of the Version and Device
codes.
I have a D-Link DWL G650M, inserting that one just gives me:
(manufacturer 0x0, product 0x0) Atheros Communications product 0x0020 (ethernet network, revision 0x01) at cardbus0 function 0 not configured

I have then  a NEC Aterm WL54AG, inserting that seems more reassuring:

ath0 at cardbus0 function 0
ath0: 11a rates: 6Mbps 9Mbps 12Mbps 18Mbps 24Mbps 36Mbps 48Mbps 54Mbps
ath0: 11b rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps
ath0: 11g rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps 6Mbps 9Mbps 12Mbps 18Mbps 24Mbps 36Mbps 48Mbps 54Mbps
ath0: turboA rates: 6Mbps 9Mbps 12Mbps 18Mbps 24Mbps 36Mbps 48Mbps 54Mbps
ath0: mac 5.6 phy 4.1 radio 3.6

however, if I power it up, configure nwid and newkey, then run dhclient, I get a valid address (dhclient succeeded) but then I cannot ping nor use the network and get these errors:

ath0: device timeout (txq 1, txintrperiod 5)
ath0: device timeout (txq 1, txintrperiod 4)
ath0: device timeout (txq 1, txintrperiod 3)
ath0: device timeout (txq 1, txintrperiod 2)
ath0: deleting keyix 0 w/o power
ath0: detached

The last one is probably when I removed it and put in another card to actually get the information and type this message.

Riccardo