Re: Ext2 as a root filesystem: any contraindication?

Am Freitag, 4. April 2014, 12:01:55 schrieben Sie:
> Any contraindications? I know already I'm not going to have
> journalling, but I can live with it.
...hmmm,
if NetBSD is able to boot from ext2 (not tested yet) it could make performance
differences - but this may depend from the storage media too. I#m not shure
how far the ext2 driver in NetBSD is comparable in optimizations to linux or
the "native" NetBSD filesystem drivers.

But if i read something like this:
http://wiki.netbsd.org/tutorials/how_to_share_an_ext2_partition_with_linux/

i assume that you could run into further limitations if you are limited to the
oldest ext2 revision (i.e. if you have to handle larger directory indexes or
large files).

If "resizing" is the only reason for your to choose ext2 i would look for
other options / solutions with i.e. resize_fss or the ported growfs.

hth a little

cheerioh,

Niels.
--