Re: For Google+ users: BSD community

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 06:35:54PM +1030, Brett Lymn wrote:

> > "Reach out?" What are we doing here, social work? Unbelievable.

> Promote the use of NetBSD using what ever channels are available.

And that is a use of one's time superior to, say, saving the whales,
or healing the sick?

>> I Have retuned my relationship with Google by taking the
>> following steps: discontinued all my gmail accounts, and expunged
>> all copies of Chrome from all my machines.

> Good for you.

Thanks.

> Though I _really_ really have to wonder about someone who claims
> to be so concerned about such things yet they post their PO Box
> address AND phone number in a document on the website in the
> domain that their email appears to be coming from.

I don't recall making too many claims about my real concerns. My
whois exposure is very low on the list of such priorities, and
fwiw I was/am aware of ALL THAT, but again thank you for taking the
time to verify all my ruptured-duck info.

I think it was R. G. Collingwood who said that if he *really* wanted
to make a contribution, he would volunteer to be infected with some
as-yet insufficiently studied microbe, so that upon his death at the
hands of it he would be rewarded by having "Colllingwood's
disease" named after him. It used to be very much the thing to do.

--
Bob Bernstein

    I am dissatisfied, profoundly so, with the world as it is. But I
    would be dissatisfied with any world. And I'd hate to lose my
    dissatisfaction.

                                       Alfred Kazin