Re: For Google+ users: BSD community

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 09:44:37PM -0500, Bob Bernstein wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 04:51:38PM +0100, Benny Siegert wrote:
>
> > I think that it is important to reach out to these users as well.
>
> "Reach out?" What are we doing here, social work? Unbelievable.

Promote the use of NetBSD using what ever channels are available.

> Everyone is free to name their own poison. Let no nannyism gain
> a foothold here. We need less interaction, not more.

I don't think you will find that is the prevailing view.

> I Have retuned my relationship with Google by taking the following
> steps: discontinued all my gmail accounts, and expunged all copies
> of Chrome from all my machines.

Good for you.  Though I _really_ really have to wonder about someone who
claims to be so concerned about such things yet they post their PO Box
address AND phone number in a document on the website in the domain that
their email appears to be coming from.  Whois says that a Robert
Bernstein is the registered owner of ruptured-duck.com AND
sixtiessurvivor.org (where the mail appears to come from).  The phone
number does match the white pages listing for a Robert Bernstein in
Rhode Island and they do thoughtfully provide a street address too.  If
I could be arsed I could look up your place on google streetview - do us
a favour, next time the streetview car goes past, stand out the front
and wave... theres a good chap.

You may want to ponder this whilst folding your latest tin-foil hat.

> > ....which I frankly find very arrogant.
>
> Ach! Arrogance? Heaven forfend! Say it isn't so!

Afraid it is good sir.

--
Brett Lymn
Staple Guns: because duct tape doesn't make that KerCHUNK sound - xkcd.com