Re: How to use x11 nouveau on NetBSD

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 1:34 AM, Pierre Pronchery
<khorben%defora.org@localhost> wrote:
>                         Hi,
> On Mon, 17 Dec 2012 22:52:26 +1100, Martin wrote:
>> Is it possible to port the FreeBSD nvidia driver, or the KMS tools they
>> are using?
>
> I do not know the status on FreeBSD. If they got it running without a
> proprietary driver from NVidia, then it would be possible to port it of
> course.

Besides Linux NVidia also supports FreeBSD and Solaris, so, their propriatory
driver is available for these systems. If I understand correctly, the question
was can we port Nvidia's FreeBSD propriatory driver to NetBSD,
technically and legally. AFAIK it doesn't require KMS.

As about nouveau(4) for FreeBSD kib%freebsd.org@localhost is probably a right
person to contact. He worked on porting GEM to FreeBSD and may
have good knowledge about KMS too.

It would be nice to find a developer experienced in this area
and donate for this project (GEM+KMS), IMHO one of the most
important project right now for NetBSD.