Re: How to use x11 nouveau on NetBSD

                        Hi,

On Mon, 17 Dec 2012 22:52:26 +1100, Martin wrote:

> So what ur saying is that the latest AMD cards will run on NetBSD but
> because nouveau requires KMS the latest nvidia cards are not supported?

I am saying that some recent hardware from AMD is supported on NetBSD,
including accelerated 3D rendering. I have an HD4870, which is supported.
I am not sure about later series.

There is currently no way to get 3D accelerated rendering through the
nouveau driver on NetBSD without writing/porting some more drivers
(afaik).

> Is it possible to port the FreeBSD nvidia driver, or the KMS tools they
> are using?

I do not know the status on FreeBSD. If they got it running without a
proprietary driver from NVidia, then it would be possible to port it of
course.

HTH,
-- khorben

--