Re: How can I configure my OpenOffice and Xserver to speak the same language?

Hi Ian.

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 9:26 PM, Ian D. Leroux <idleroux%fastmail.fm@localhost>
wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Feb 2011 20:54 +0100, "hans dinsen-hansen"
> <hansdinsenhansen%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 7:25 PM, Ian D. Leroux
> > <idleroux%fastmail.fm@localhost> wrote:
> > > On Sat, 05 Feb 2011 19:08 +0100, "hans dinsen-hansen"
> > > <hansdinsenhansen%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> > > Can you report the output of runing
> > > $ locale
> > > in the terminal from which you launched openoffice?
> >
> > The output tells me that all LC_?? are "C" except LC_ALL, which is
> > empty. i.e. LC_ALLl=""

> I assume that LANG is also empty?
YES!

> ... Maybe try
> $ export LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"

I tried
  export LC_CTYPE="da_DK.ISO8859"
as well as
  export LC_CTYPE="da_DK.UTF-8"
before I started X, and then OO and Xterm had the same alphabet
and keyboard.  I can also use all my keyboard.  inclusive ~ and
Western European letters with diacritics.

Whether I should use one or the other.  I have not decided.

My problem is now:  It is nice to have the same alphabet in wscons
(da_DK.ISO8859) as well as X.  But it is also nice to have office programs
Firefox-mailer, et cetera comparable with "the rest of the world (da_DK.UTF-8)

ok!  That's my problem!

Have a nice week-end!
Hans