Re: How can I configure my OpenOffice and Xserver to speak the same language?

Ian!
Thanks for the Answer.

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 7:25 PM, Ian D. Leroux <idleroux%fastmail.fm@localhost>
wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Feb 2011 19:08 +0100, "hans dinsen-hansen"
> <hansdinsenhansen%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>> I am running NetBSD 5.1 (GENERIC) (amd64) and I have built packages
>> with sources from 2010Q4.
>>
>> I have problems with OpenOffice3.  I try to start it with:
>>     pluto:dino {101} soffice
>>     I18N: Operating system doesn't support locale "en_US"
>
> This might indicate a local configuration problem.  There is inded no
> en_US
> locale in /usr/share/locale, only en_US.ISO8859-1, en_US.ISO8859-15,
> en_US.US-ASCII and en_US.UTF-8 according to the charset you want to use.

Yes, I noted that already!

> Can you report the output of runing
> $ locale
> in the terminal from which you launched openoffice?

The output tells me that all LC_?? are "C" except LC_ALL, which is
empty. i.e. LC_ALLl=""

> I'd suggest trying to fix the locale issues first because they're likely
> to be easy; if the trouble with dead keys persists after that, hopefully
> someone with more knowledge of xkb can chime in.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Ian Leroux

Thanks, but what is your suggestion:  Should I set the locale in the
environment during the build?
Or could I somehow tell the Xserver what my locale is.  I hve not
found a place in the make-files.

B.t.w.  I saw your problem with emacs.  And I'm so happy that I use vi
for editing.  I'm too old
for emacs.  (I've passed my "three score and ten several years ago).

Thaqnks for your answer.

Hans