Re: How can I configure my OpenOffice and Xserver to speak the same language?

Thanks Ian.

I'll work with it tomorrow again.  For tonight I'll just comment two things:

First of all:  I have similar problems with KDE.  Byt OO was easier to follow.
That's why I concentrated on OO.

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 9:26 PM, Ian D. Leroux <idleroux%fastmail.fm@localhost>
wrote:
> Heh.  I generally prefer nvi myself, but emacs has a nicely portable
> software ecosystem that I'm starting to appreciate, including a decent
> editor (viper-mode is actually a faithful vi implementation in elisp),
> mail client (wanderlust) and environment for writing physics papers
> (auctex).  So I end up using both a lot.

Yes, and I'm so old that I cook up my scripts in csh or awk whenever
they are for
_private_ use. I learned csh before Larry Wall invented his perl language.

Parallel processes were written in assembler in those days.  My first higher
computer language was Algol60 by Peter Naur.  I worked in the same company
as he did.  But in those days I did Numerical Analysis.  I heard about
Unix in 1970
but was more interrested in Per Brinch Hansen's "Monitor".  And in those days
I could work all night.

Have a nice evening!

Hans