Re: Supported VM environments under MacOS dom0

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 8:07 PM, Giles Lean <giles.lean%pobox.com@localhost>
wrote:

> Tracy Di Marco White <netbsd-t%menelos.com@localhost> wrote:
>
>> I have an OS X 10.6.3 machine running Fusion. Running right now I have
>> amd64 and i386: 4.0, 5.0, 5.0.2, and current, ...
>
> Good to hear.  Goes to show not everything you hear around the 'net
> is correct.
>
> Sounds like I should give VMWare Fusion a try.  Did you configure
> NetBSD in any particular way?  (ACPI off?  SMP off?)

They're all running standard unmodified GENERIC, except for when I'm
testing random options for deployment, so that means 4.x is not SMP
and has ACPI, as NOACPI & MP are separate kernels. At the moment, none
of them have more than 1 CPU available to them. The 5.x & current VMs
don't have SMP or ACPI disabled. I've also installed open-vm-tools
from pkgsrc on all of them. I don't quite remember, but I think when I
last ran NetBSD 3.x in an emulator (at least a couple years ago) it
did need special options enabled or disabled in the kernel, but I
don't recall which, and that might have been in Parallels, which I
gave up on before Parallels 3 came out.

-Tracy