Re: MPlayer compilation - taking ages, hardly using CPU

On 6 Dec 2008 at 0:00, Sharif Oerton wrote:

> Oops, forgot to CC the list.
>
> Thanks David.
>
> > I think you need to provide a bit more information as to what you
> > already have installed. If you have already installed packages
> > manually rather than via pkg_add or pkgsrc where have these been
> > located so they don't conflict with NetBSD base system or pkgsrc (I
> > use /usr/local for a few non pkgsrc standalone programs).
>
> Okay. I installed this system three days ago, so it's fairly fresh.
> Everything has been installed via the package management system with
> the exception of ocamlsdl, which has installed files in
> /usr/pkg/lib/ocaml.

I'm no expert at this but that doesn't look to be a problem.

I'd go for installing pkg_chk from the pkgtools directory and running
with -n option to get an idea of what if any mismatched packages you
have. "pkg_chk -g" gives an inventory of currently installed packages
creating a file /usr/pkgsrc/pkgchk.conf and you can use that as base
for -D or -U options to add or remove 'directory/package' from list
that's checked and -L or redirect to log the output. Note pkg_chk can
take a long time.

Now I hope I'm rescued by someone more experienced.

David