MPlayer compilation - taking ages, hardly using CPU

Greetings,

I just installed NetBSD, coming from Linux, and am loving it. The only
problem is, there aren't any binaries for my favourite media player
(or at least I can't find any), and I can't seem to get it to compile.
It's been going for about the last fifty hours on my Core 2 Duo, using
only an average of 1.6% of the CPU according to top.

I have Googled for similar problems, to no avail.

The compilation looks normal to me; i.e., lots of cc commands.

I'm running NetBSD 4.0.1 on a machine with a Core 2 Duo E6400 at 2.13
GHz and 2G of RAM, trying to compile the current MPlayer snapshot.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what may be going wrong, or
alternatively can point me towards some MPlayer binaries (there aren't
any on the NetBSD FTP server)?

Thanks a lot,
Sharif