NetBSD-Advocacy archive

Re: NetBSD Mascot Proposal

On Mon, Feb 08, 2021 at 01:12:38AM PST, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> Can we avoid the appearance of a monster, devil or an alien?

Or an insectoid.  There are people who are capable of finding bugs cute, but
many others have a visceral repulsion to anything with an exoskeleton.

I'm just trying to compare these proposals to the existing OS mascots that
are out there:  Puffy (cute li'l pufferfish), Beastie (cute li'l "daemon"),
Tux (cute[1] li'l penguin), whatever the Minix raccoon is called... do I see
a pattern here?

And then we have this thing that looks like a robot bug devil.  Beastie may
look like a devil too, but at least he's a *cute* devil...

[1] Until you notice his resemblance to Homer Simpson.

--
A Dog