NetBSD-Advocacy archive

Re: NetBSD Mascot Proposal

Hi,

Am 22.01.2021 um 14:45 schrieb Jay Patel:
Thanks for everyone's inputs.

Alan@ well expression was just for character design we can always change that as we want but different reactions can give us better idea of how character looks like :P

I can also try contact other artists  if we want to get other character ideas designed :) or if anyone have contacts we can ask them also :D

Also any of those three names for character suitable ?

Regards,

Jay

In one of the previous posts the reference of NetBSD to the dinosaur was made. Even if this is only one side of the coin from the point of view of a sustainable future, one could interpret that NetBSD is the only or most mature system that still runs on the old dinosaurs, and also on modern hardware. Recently my son (a big fan of the "real" dinosaurs) pointed out to me that the ostrich is probably the closest relative of the T-REX that is still alive today. Maybe we could bridge the gap from the Cretaceous period to modern times with the mascot in this way :-)

The designs shown so far are all excellent in terms of craftsmanship - I think if we manage to reflect the identity of NetBSD in the mascot, something really great could come out of it.

Many greetings
Matthias