Hi,

What do u guys think of this one?

image.png

On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 at 20:45, Michael Cheponis <michael.cheponis%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
In short, I like the idea of a little animal resembling the original
beastie running after light.  Much less a reminder of Bill Joy's fear of
our future (which might not need us).

+1

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 12:28 PM Pierre-Philipp Braun <pbraun%nethence.com@localhost> wrote:
> The next step is to add colors and bright on it. Any thoughts?

Hi, I preferred the original item 3 draft (also together with item 1),
as it felt more organic and animal than this one.  We are probably gonna
be surrounded by robots in the future (and we're spending our time
living inside them already), so please let's avoid having a mascot
remind us of them yet again.

The original beastie from (mckusick.com) is more of a character from
Tweety & Sylvester than a "transformer".  I suppose the eye look could
be made less frightening in that manner, and I suggest that the sign
with the hand also got changed to something that does not involve
displaying any pride nor any direct interaction with the audience.  My
point is that the mascot already personifies some intention or some
movement by itself: a mascot should not consciously do advocacy.

--
Pierre-Philipp Braun
SMTP Health Campaign: enforce STARTTLS and verify MX certificates

--
Atenciosamente,
Alan M C Lacerda

OSCP, DCPT, LPIC-1, LPIC-201, CCNA

Pentester | Consultor de Segurança da Informação

LinkedIn: https://br.linkedin.com/in/alancordeiro

--

The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from. And if you really don't like all the standards you just have to wait another year until the one arises you are looking for. -- A. Tanenbaum, "Introduction to Computer Networks"