Re: 10.0 BETA: How to boot using UEFI or grub

from Benny Siegert:

> On Sun, 25 Dec 2022, Mayuresh wrote:

> > Also, can someone with grub knowhow please advise on the grub error in my
> > last post? Even after insmod of part_gpt, part_bsd, knetbsd says "unknown
> > filesystem"

> Perhaps you set up 10_BETA with the extended-attribute (ffs2ea) filesystem.
> This one has a different superblock, so the FFS support in GRUB does not
> recognize it.

> I assume the solution is to either get rid of EA support, or patch grub. Has
> someone sent such a patch upstream?

I believe there is a way, with a chainloader, to boot a partition without grub knowing the filesystem?

I don't remember all the details, but in the days of NetBSD 5.0 and 5.1, I managed to set up a bootable 40 MB image, then at the boot prompt set the root partition properly along with the location of /sbin/init.

Tom