Re: 10.0 BETA: How to boot using UEFI or grub

On Sun, Dec 25, 2022 at 07:03:31PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> However the firmware shows only Ubuntu among UEFI options. Do I need to
> copy some more files so that netbsd option shows up?

IIRC you have to create a "boot option" in uefi vars and store it to
use a non-default path for most UEFI implementations. Ubuntu apparently
does that, and makes it point at the subdir.

NetBSD currently does not do it, and uses the default boot path instead
(EFI/boot/bootx64.efi).

We really should set up the boot option too (so the UEFI shows a proper
name for the OS), but it is not trivial, especially in the case you describe
where the installer is booted via BIOS your are mostly lost and can't
do it at all (setting boot options happens via EFI runtime services, so you
must have booted via UEFI).

Martin