Re: issues with touchpad after update

On Thu, Dec 06, 2018 at 09:57:31AM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:

> It is (or so I think). It just reserves the rightmost n "pixel"
> (where n should be a sysctl) for the scroll area and translates any
> slides there into scroll events.

That should be very easy to implement - you can probably just modify the
if statement I have there for two finger scroll change it from

if (finger-width > number)

if (finger-width > number) or (y-position > boundary_number)

so the code then starts reporting y motion as z motion.

> The windows driver also offers a horizontal scroll area at the bottom,
> but those is not marked on the hardware and probably not of much use.
> The vertical scroll area is optically/harptically marked on my
> notebook.

Yes, horizontal scroll was a thing once upon a time.  I don't think I
have seen any recent mice that offer it as a feature, probably too hard
to use sanely.

--
Brett Lymn
"We are were wolves",