Re: issues with touchpad after update

On Sat, Dec 01, 2018 at 11:58:13PM +0100, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after updating system to current yesterday (kernel + userland) I noticed
> that the TouchPad in X11 is essentially unusable.
> It overreacts and clicks at random. What I think is that it attempts
> "scrolling" because just by moving the pointer I notice the xterm scroll or
> windows roll-up.

I have seen that but Brett's latest synaptics commit mostly fixed it for
me. Before that, I had

hw.synaptics.finger_scroll-max=14
hw.synaptics.finger_scroll-min=13

in my /etc/sysctl.conf, see pms(4) for an explanation of the various values.
This certainly needs more fine tuning, but seems to differ a lot between
various devices, so is quite hard to debug for a developer with a single
test notebook ;-)

Martin